Whichever way you travel to Tam O’Shanter Views, your journey will be pleasant, driving through some of Tasmania’s most scenic countryside.
From Devonport and the Spirit of Tasmania
Approx 1 ½ hours via Frankford and Exeter on the B71
- From Exeter, travel along West Tamar Highway A7
- Cross over Batman Bridge and travel along East Tamar Hwy A8 towards George Town
- Turn right onto the Pipers River – Bridport Rd B82
- Travel 23km to Pipers River and soon after the store, turn left to Weymouth on the C816 – you will see the sign to Tam O’Shanter Golf club
- Continue along until the C817 turnoff to Lulworth and Tam O’Shanter – turn left here
- Travel along until the turnoff to Tam O’Shanter on the right, turn right here and go past the golf course and follow Seascape Drive as it winds around
- Turn right into the last branch of Seascape Drive and then right into the court. Tam O’Shanter Views is No. 60 on the left
From Launceston and the Airport
Approx 50 minutes via East Tamar Highway A8
Travel towards George Town and turn off onto the Pipers River – Bridport Rd B82 and follow directions as above.
Alternative routes from Launceston for a more leisurely drive:
- The East Tamar Hwy A8, turn off to Turners Marsh on the B81 & B83 and continue to Pipers River. Then follow directions as above.
- The East Tamar Hwy A8, turn off at Mt. Direction road C809 & C814 to the Pipers River – Bridport Rd B82. Follow as above.
Allow 3 to 3 ½ hours on the A1 highway through Oatlands, Ross and Launceston or allow more time to appreciate these historic towns and their beautiful buildings (and cafés).
From the East Coast (St. Helens, Bicheno and Freycinet Peninsula), travel via Scottsdale and Bridport on the Tasman Hwy A3, B84 and the Pipers River – Bridport Rd. B82.